Clémentine, Princess of Orléans
|Birthname||Marie C. Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde|
|born on||3 June 1817 at 01:15 (= 01:15 AM )|
|Place||Neuilly sur Seine, France, 48n53, 2e16|
|Timezone||LMT m2e16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°02' 27°47 Asc. 29°44'|
Princess of Orléans by birth, and princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and duchess in Saxony by marriage.
She was the sixth child of ten and youngest daughter of Louis-Philippe I, King of the French, and his wife Maria Amalia of the Two Sicilies.
On 20 April 1843, Princess Clémentine married Prince August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. They had five children including Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria.
Clever and shrewd, she was a friend of Queen Victoria. Clémentine would lunch with Victoria, particularly at Coburg when Victoria would visit her German relatives.
Clémentine died in Vienna on 16 February 1907, at the age of eighty-nine.
- friend relationship with Victoria, Queen of the United Kingdom (born 24 May 1819)
- parent->child relationship with Clotilde, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 8 July 1846)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig August, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 9 August 1845)
- parent->child relationship with Philipp, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 28 March 1844)
- child->parent relationship with Louis Philippe, King of France (born 6 October 1773)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Amalia, Queen Consort of the French (born 26 April 1782)
- sibling relationship with Antoine, Duke of Montpensier (born 31 July 1824)
- sibling relationship with Charles d'Orléans, Duke of Penthièvre (born 1 January 1820)
- sibling relationship with François d'Orléans, Prince of Joinville (born 14 August 1818)
- sibling relationship with Françoise, Princess of Orléans (1816) (born 28 March 1816)
- sibling relationship with Henri d'Orléans, Duke of Aumale (born 16 January 1822)
- sibling relationship with Louis d'Orléans, Duke of Nemours (born 25 October 1814)
- Relationship : Marriage 20 April 1843 (Prince August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Généalogie de la maison de Bourbon: de 1256 à 1871" by Louis Dussieux (Lecoffre fils et cie, 1872), p. 149: "Marie-Clémentine-Caroline-Léopoldine-Clotilde d'Orléans ... la princesse Clémentine. Née au château de Neuilly le 3 juin 1817, à une heure quarante minutes du matin." Source given on same page as "Moniteur universal, 1817, p. 614."
Scholfield also quotes news report from "The Morning Chronicle" (London, England), 9 June 1817: "Paris, June 4... The Duchess of Orleans was safely delivered yesterday morning of a princess."
English Wikipedia incorrectly has 6 March.
- Traits : Personality : Other Personality (Clever/ shrewd)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orléans)