Christine of Hesse, Duchess of Holstein-Gottorp
|born on||29 June 1543 Jul.Cal. (9 July 1543 greg.) at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Kassel, Germany, 51n19, 9e29|
|Timezone||LMT m9e29 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°59' 14°13 Asc. 25°40'|
German noblewoman who was Duchess consort of Holstein-Gottorp as the spouse of Duke Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp. She exerted some political influence as a widow after 1586, defending the rights of her son Philipp against the council. Christine composed the psalm-book Geistliche Psalmen und Lieder (1590).
Christine was a daughter of Landgrave Philipp I of Hesse and his spouse Christina of Saxony. On 17 December 1564 she was married to Duke Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp and they had nine children. She died on 13 May 1604, aged 60, in Kiel.
- parent->child relationship with Anna, Countess of East Frisia (born 27 February 1575 Jul.Cal. (9 Mar 1575 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich II, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp (born 21 April 1568 Jul.Cal. (1 May 1568 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Johann Adolf, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp (born 27 February 1575 Jul.Cal. (9 Mar 1575 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Johann Friedrich, Prince-Bishop of Bremen (born 1 September 1579 Jul.Cal. (11 Sep 1579 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Kristina, Queen of Sweden (born 13 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (23 Apr 1573 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Philipp, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp (born 10 August 1570 Jul.Cal. (20 Aug 1570 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Sophia, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (born 31 May 1569 Jul.Cal. (10 June 1569 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Philipp I, Landgrave of Hesse (born 13 November 1504 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Adolf, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp (born 25 January 1526 Jul.Cal. (4 Feb 1526 greg.)). Notes: 1564-1586
- sibling relationship with Agnes, Electress of Saxony (born 31 May 1527 Jul.Cal. (10 June 1527 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna of Hesse, Countess Palatine of Zweibrücken (born 16 October 1529 Jul.Cal. (26 Oct 1529 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Barbara of Hesse, Duchess of Württemberg (born 16 April 1536 Jul.Cal. (26 Apr 1536 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg I, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 10 September 1547 Jul.Cal. (20 Sep 1547 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ludwig IV, Landgrave of Hesse-Marburg (born 27 May 1537 Jul.Cal. (6 June 1537 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Philipp II, Landgrave of Hesse-Rheinfels (born 22 April 1541 Jul.Cal. (2 May 1541 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm IV, Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel (born 24 June 1532 Jul.Cal. (4 July 1532 greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 17 December 1564 Jul.Cal. (27 Dec 1564 greg.) (Duke Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mate 1 October 1586 Jul.Cal. (11 Oct 1586 greg.) (Duke Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from Monimenta Hassiaca by Friederich Christoph Schmincke (Cramer, 1750), p. 337: "Christina ist zu Caßel geboren An. D. 1543. am tag Petri und Pauli vormittag halb vor 11. Uhr."
(Christina was born in Cassel in AD 1543, on the day of Peter and Paul, at half before eleven o'clock). NB: The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul is observed on 29 June.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (21 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Kassel, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp, by marriage)