Chenery, Hollis B.
|Birthname||Hollis Burnley Chenery|
|born on||6 January 1918 at 07:55 (= 07:55 AM )|
|Place||Richmond, Virginia, 37n33, 77w28|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°25' 26°59 Asc. 22°03'|
American economist and author of more than a dozen books, well known for his pioneering contribution in the field of development economics. Chenery's work was wide-ranging but might be summarised as involving the analysis of patterns of development, the use of a two-gap model and multi-sectoral analysis.
Hollis B. Chenery married twice and had two children. He died on 1 September 1994 at age 76 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Work : Great Achievement 1950 (PhD in Economics)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Virginia archives.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in Economics)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc. (Guggenheim fellow)
- Vocation : Business : Economist
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of economics)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (U.S. Army Air Forces, WWII)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field