|Birthname||William John Warner|
|born on||1 November 1866 at 10:53 (= 10:53 AM )|
|Place||Dublin, Ireland, 53n20, 6w15|
|Timezone||LMT m6w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°50' 01°31 Asc. 19°47'|
Irish author, occultist, astrologer, numerologist and palmist, one of the most noted in history. His sobriquet, Cheiro, derives from the word cheiromancy, meaning palmistry. He learned to read palms from his mother when he was 11 and later added a Chaldean system of numbers to his numerology skills. He read for the world's great (including Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde), taking at least 20 clients a day, some 6,000 a year, about a third of whom did not pay for their services. Cheiro died at 1:05 AM on 8 October 1936 in Hollywood, California at age 69.
"Constellations '77" quotes Kraum, from him. Notable Nativities No.083 gave 1868, which Leo corrected in Modern Astrology 7/1928, writing that, "Cheiro himself gave 1866." The location given was Dublin.
Patrick Mahoney, a personal friend of Cheiro, gave 1862 in "Escape Into the Psychic Kingdom." Jon St. Germain gives the location of Bray, just south of Dublin.
Sy Scholfield notes that "William John Warner" with a birth date of "1 Nov 1866" in "Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland" is listed in the UK and Ireland Find A Grave Index. The same name, date and year is listed in the "Ireland, Select Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911" index on Ancestry.com. The Ireland Civil Registration Births Index on the same website lists William John Warner (name), 1866 (Date of Registration) and Rathdown (Registration District). Time of death given by a nurse attending his death is quoted in Los Angeles Evening Citizen News (Hollywood, California), 9 Oct 1936, page 1.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Read many palms without charge)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Numerologist
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Palmist
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Palmistry)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book