|born on||9 November 1826 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Montgomery, Wales, 52n33, 3w03|
|Timezone||LMT m3w03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°24' 17°08 Asc. 13°32'|
Welsh-American clairvoyant astrologer and seer. He was the author several works including "Degrees of the Zodiac Symbolized" at age 72. By his early 20's he had become a curative Mesmerist and later moved into herbalism, astrology and mediumship. Originally he studied Calvinistic and Methodist theology, becoming a Methodist minister in 1851. However he was too unconventional for the field and instead, went on to study the occult.
He worked as a psychic in Wales and was the head of an occult order, the Celestial Brotherhood, from which he gained the name of Charubel, with his friend and colleague Alan Leo known as Agorel. Somewhat similar to the Order of the Golden Dawn, the organization was short-lived but did have members all over the world with whom Charubel corresponded. The Society was first mention in July 1884 in The Seer magazine.
Charubel was said to have remarkable healing ability, particularly with rheumatism. He was the editor of several journals, The Seer, The Occultist and The Psychic Mirror and of the books "The Country of the Bible" and "Psychology of Botany," often writing under the name Julius Balsamo.
Charubel married twice, 1852 and 1898. By 1890 he was in severe financial straits. Though working as a spiritualist and medium, he was not apparently able to foresee material advantages in the mundane world. Indeed, the Colour Spirits with whom he was in contact and with whom he produced phenomena, were not reliable.
He died 11/11/1908, 11:40 PM, Manchester, England.
- Work : New Career 1851 (Methodist minister)
- Death, Cause unspecified 11 November 1908 at 11:40 PM in Manchester, England (Age 82 plus two days)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Fagan quotes the family bible AA 5/63. Given in Modern Astrology 4/1909
(Kim Farnell gives 6:56 AM LMT/ 7:09 AM GMT, Castel Caerneiron, Wales, 52 N.43, 3 W.10, in "The Astral Tramp," 1998, quoting William and Helene Koppejan's Zodiac Image Handbook, Vol 2, Element, 1990.)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Unconventional)
- Traits : Personality : Mystical
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Metaphysical (Heal of occult order)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Psychic/ Medium/ Spiritualist (Clairvoyant)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Degree meanings, books)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Several journals)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection