Charlotte, Queen Consort of Württemberg
|Birthname||Charlotte Marie Ida Luise Hermine Mathilde|
|born on||10 October 1864 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Ratiborice, Czech Republic, 50n2453, 16e0309|
|Timezone||LST m14e26 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°46' 16°26 Asc. 07°00'|
German queen consort, as the second wife of King Wilhelm II of Württemberg, who was not only the last queen of Württemberg, but the last surviving queen of any German state.
Charlotte was the daughter of Prince Wilhelm Karl August of Schaumburg-Lippe, and his wife, Princess Bathildis of Anhalt-Dessau.
On 8 April 1886 she married the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Württemberg, Crown Prince Wilhelm, who succeeded in 1891 as King William II of Württemberg (Wilhelm II. von Württemberg). She was his second wife, and like her predecessor Princess Marie of Waldeck and Pyrmont was held to be of no political consequence. If the marriage had taken place for reasons of state - Wilhelm had no male heir - it was a miscalculation, as Charlotte produced no children.
Charlotte nevertheless displayed an interest in and openness towards some social causes, mostly to do with the benefit of women. As convention demanded, she took over from her predecessor the patronage of a large number of social and charitable organisations, among them the body of deaconesses (Diakonissenwesen), the Swabian Women's Union (Schwäbische Frauenverein), the Württemberg Savings Bank (Württembergische Sparkasse) and the Red Cross.
Queen Charlotte died at Bebenhausen on 16 July 1946, aged 82. She was not only the last Queen of Württemberg but the last surviving queen of any German state: the Queen of Bavaria had died in 1919, and the Queen of Prussia in 1921.
- child->parent relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 12 December 1834)
- spouse relationship with Wilhelm II, King of Württemberg (born 25 February 1848). Notes: 1886-1921
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 30 January 1868)
- other kin relationship with Josias, Hereditary Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont (born 13 May 1896). Notes: Aunt/ niece
- compare to chart of Auguste Viktoria, Empress of Germany (born 22 October 1858). Notes: Last surviving German queens
- compare to chart of Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 2 July 1849). Notes: Last surviving German queens
- Relationship : Marriage 8 April 1886 (Wilhelm II, Crown Prince/King of Württemberg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from Neue Freie Presse, 13 October 1864, p. 3: "12 October ... Fürstin Bathildis, Gemalin des Fürsten Wilhelm zu Lippe-Schaumburg, geborene Prinzessin von Anhalt-Dessau, ist vorgestern Abends auf ihrem Schlosse zu Ratiboritz bei Nachod von einer Prinzessin entbunden worden."
(Translation: 12 October ... Princess Bathildis, the wife of Prince Wilhelm of Lippe-Schaumburg, nee Princess of Anhalt-Dessau, was delivered of a princess in the evening two days ago at her castle in Ratiboritz near Nachod). A time of 9pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (35 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Last surviving queen of any German state)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Lippe, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Württemberg, by marriage)