Charlotte, Princess of Denmark
|born on||30 October 1789 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°15' 25°18 Asc. 25°52'|
Danish princess by birth, and a princess of Hesse-Kassel by marriage to Prince Wilhelm of Hesse-Kassel. She played an important role in the succession crisis in Denmark in the first half of the 19th century.
She was born in Christiansborg Palace to Frederik, Hereditary Prince of Denmark and Norway, and Sophia Frederica of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
On 10 November 1810 in Amalienborg Palace she married Prince Wilhelm. Her spouse was in Danish service from his youth, and the family lived in Denmark.
On 18 July 1851, she and her son Friedrich renounced their claim to the Danish throne in favour of her daughter Louise, who in turn renounced it in favour of her spouse.
Louise Charlotte is the matrilineal great-grandmother of Nicholas II of Russia, William IV, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and George V.
She died in Christiansborg Palace on 28 March 1864, aged 74.
- parent->child relationship with Karoline, Princess of Hesse-Kassel (born 15 August 1811)
- parent->child relationship with Louise of Hesse-Kassel, Queen of Denmark (born 7 September 1817)
- has other family relationship with Alexandra Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 24 June 1825). Notes: Mother-in-law / daughter-in-law, 1844
- has other family relationship with Anna, Princess of Prussia (born 17 May 1836). Notes: Mother-in-law / daughter-in-law, 1853-1884
- has other family relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Hesse-Kassel (born 11 September 1747). Notes: Father-in-law/ daughter-in-law, 1810-1864
Sy Scholfield quotes from Journal historique et littéraire, 1 December 1789, p. 318: "Coppenhague (le 31 Octobre). Madame la princeffe , époufe du prince-héréditaire Frédéric, eft accouchée hier matin d’une fille."
(Copenhagen (October 31st). The princess, wife of the hereditary prince Frederic, gave birth yesterday morning to a girl). A time of 6 AM is speculative.
Death data from Annuaire encyclopédique: politique - économie sociale ..., Volume 5, p. 468.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (53 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Oldenburg, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Kassel, by marriage)