Charlotte, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
|Birthname||Charlotte Georgine Luise Friederike|
|born on||17 November 1769 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Hanover, Germany, 52n24, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°33' 17°42 Asc. 22°11'|
Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz by birth and a Duchess of Saxe-Hildburghausen through her marriage to Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen (later Duke of Saxe-Altenburg).
Charlotte Georgine was the eldest child and daughter of Karl II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg and his first wife Princess Friederike of Hesse-Darmstadt.
Charlotte and her sisters, Queen Louise of Prussia, Queen Frederica of Hannover and Princess Therese of Thurn und Taxis, were considered the most beautiful women of their time.
On 3 September 1785, at the age of fifteen, Charlotte married Duke Friedrich. The marriage was not a happy one. They had twelve children.
Charlotte was interested in literature and avidly promoted the arts at court. She relaxed the rules and etiquette and brought musicians, painters, and poets to the court, among them the writer Jean Paul Friedrich Richter.
Charlotte died in Hildburghausen, Duchy of Saxe-Hildburghausen, aged 48, on 14 May 1818 after a long illness.
- parent->child relationship with Joseph, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (born 27 August 1789)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (born 29 April 1763 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1763 greg.)). Notes: 1785-1818
- Relationship : Marriage 3 September 1785 (Friedrich, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Amsterdamse courant," 25 November 1769, p. 1: "Hanover den 17 November ... Deze namiddag ten 2 uuren , is de Vorftin van Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Gemalin van Prins Carel, gelukkig van een welgefchapen Prinfes bevallen."
(Hanover, 17 November ... This afternoon at 2 o'clock, the Princess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, wife of Prince Carel, happily give birth to a well-formed Princess).
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Twelve)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Hildburghausen, by marriage)