Charles IV, Duke of Alençon
|born on||2 September 1489 Jul.Cal. (11 Sep 1489 greg.) at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Alençon, France, 48n26, 0e05|
|Timezone||LMT m0e05 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°31' 19°43 Asc. 03°57'|
French nobleman, the son of René of Alençon and Margaret of Vaudémont.
He succeeded his father in 1492 as Duke of Alençon and Count of Perche, and was also Count of Armagnac, Fézensac, Viscount of Rodez, Count of Fezensaguet, l'Isle-Jourdain, and Perdiac.
In 1509 he married Margaret of Angoulême, sister to Francis, Duke of Valois, who would in 1515 become King Francis I of France. Their marriage was childless: his wife was allowed to retain most of his titles.
He died in 1525 in Lyon.
- spouse relationship with Marguerite de Navarre (born 11 April 1492 Jul.Cal. (20 Apr 1492 greg.)). Notes: 1509-1525
- Death, Cause unspecified 1525
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie, Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (libr. associés, 1726), p. 276: "Charles duc d'Alençon . . . né dans la ville d'Alençon le 2. septembre 1489. à sept heures du matin . . ."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Valois-Alençon)