Chaplin, Charles Joshua
|born on||8 June 1825 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Les Andelys, France, 49n15, 1e25|
|Timezone||LMT m1e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°57' 11°45 Asc. 28°05'|
French painter and printmaker who painted both landscapes and portraits. He was an accomplished artist mastering different techniques such as pastels, lithography, watercolor, chalk, oil painting and etching. He was best known for his elegant portraits of young women.
Chaplin conducted art classes specifically for women at his studio. The American artist Mary Cassatt, the French artist Louise Abbéma and the English artist Louise Jopling were among Chaplin's students. His son Arthur Chaplin was also a painter.
Chaplin died on 30 January 1891, aged 65, in Paris as a wealthy man.
- (has as) student relationship with Abbéma, Louise (born 30 October 1853)
- (has as) student relationship with Cassatt, Mary (born 22 May 1844)
Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate for "Charles Chaplin" (acte n° 59) from the online Eure archives. No data in margin.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter and printmaker)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Art, painting)