|born on||24 June 1887 Jul.Cal. (6 July 1887 greg.)|
|Place||Vitebsk, Belarus, 55n12, 30e11|
|Timezone||LST m30e15 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°58' or|
Russian-French artist, a painter whose works were powerful and original fantasies saturated with emotions, ideas and images of Jewish folklore and religion blended with the customs of Russian provincial life. From early poverty, he formed a profound sense of alienation and cultural iconoclasm. As a Hasidic Jew, tied to the pastoral life of a rural community, he was steeped in mystical and anti-rationalist tradition that, eventually fed into the Expressionist and Surrealistic tracks of Modern art. His determination to paint figuratively flew in the face of established religious prohibitions, so common to Eastern European Jewry, that forbade representing God's creations with images.
He traveled to St. Petersburg, 1907-1910, then made the huge leap to Paris, 1910-1914. In 1914 he was confined to his birth village during the three years of WW I. During his long lifetime, he lived in Germany as well as France, and in America; he bought his white villa at Venice in 1949.
He married twice, to his great love, Bella, from 1915 until her death in New York in 1944. They had one daughter. His second wife was Valentine, a Russian.
After the war, his recognition began as his art became a dynamic conception, acknowledged as outstanding.
Chagall died on 28 March 1985, St. Paul, France.
- friend relationship with Pozner, Vladimir (born 5 January 1905)
- friend relationship with Rubiner, Ludwig (born 12 June 1881). Notes: Close
- friend relationship with Salmon, André (born 4 October 1881)
- friend relationship with Sert, Josep Lluís (born 7 May 1901)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Struck, Hermann (born 6 March 1876)
- Death, Cause unspecified 28 March 1985 (Age 87)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 1995 (Prime Minister of Saint Kitts)
- Work : New Job 1999 (Elected National Assembly member)
- Work : Gain social status 2000 (Prime Minister of Nevis)
Date from the very well researched biography by Benjamin Harshav. Birth time unknown. Penfield speculated for 3 pm. Old-file has 2:45 PM.- both for the wrong date
Starkman rectified to 23.08.16 LT Asc 6Ari08'
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, surrealist)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Opposition party)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (P.M.)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Creativity (Originality)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book