|born on||12 January 1933 at 03:45 (= 03:45 AM )|
|Place||Carpi, Italy, 44n47, 10e53|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°28' 24°25 Asc. 25°28'|
Italian cinematographer, a film-maker of political documentaries including "The Story of the Third Reich" and "I, Cannibali." With a few scandals in her career, she has attacked the press, especially in defense of director Pasolini. A private person who seems cold and aloof, her work shows a quality of sadness and an emotional capacity to show the pathos of life.
Cavani earned a B.A. in classic literature and a PhD in Linguistics from the University of Bologna. After receiving her degree, she was chosen by the RAI-TV from one of 10,000 candidates to direct a documentary in 1961. Since then she has achieved much success in theatre and opera and has received the Commander of the Order of merit of the Italian Republic in 1986 as well as two other awards.
After attending Rome’s Centro Sperimentale film school, she made documentaries and dramas for Italian TV. Her best-known picture, "The Night Porter," released in 1974, dealt with sado-masochistic relationships of the Nazi’s and was well received in the U.S. despite negative reactions. She has also staged operas.
- Work : New Career 1961 (Directed her first documentary)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (Noted picture released)
- Work : Prize 1986 (Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic)
Bordoni quotes B.C. (time confirmed from an earlier errata)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash
- Traits : Personality : Solitary/ Introvert (Projects coldness, aloof)
- Vocation : Art : Photography (Cinemaphotographer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Filmmaker)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Commander of the Order of Merit)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection