|born on||1 May 1960 at 20:43 (= 8:43 PM )|
|Place||Covington, Kentucky, 39n05, 84w31|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°40' 19°56 Asc. 26°50'|
American jockey from 1976 who recorded an astonishing 1,704 wins. The son of a blacksmith and a trainer-mom, he was riding at full gallop from age five. Cauthen was a pro rider at 16, the "boy wonder" who once won 23 of 54 races in a week. At 17, he won a record $6.1 million in purses and in his first two years won more than 900 races, including the Triple Crown in the spring of 1978. He rode two winners on New Years Day, 1979, and suddenly had a losing streak of 100 races until it broke on 2/01/1979.
At the end of 1985, Cauthen took a three-week alcohol rehab break as he was afraid he was getting too fond of his drink. In 1988, he broke his neck in a bad spill and was laid up for seven months.
After Cauthen married in 1991, he and Amy bought 300 acres of prime Kentucky horse country; their first child was born in July 1993. He took a job as a race announcer on 5/01/1993.
- Work : New Career 1976 (Started as jockey)
- Work : Gain social status 1977 (Started as a pro rider)
- Work : Prize 1978 (Won the Triple Crown)
- Financial : Gain significant money 1978 ($6.1 million in earnings)
- Work : Lose social status January 1979 (One month of losing streak, ended 2/1/1979)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Misc. : Retain professional help 1985 (Alcohol rehab)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 1988 (Broke neck in bad fall from horse)
- Relationship : Marriage 1991 (Amy)
Jim Haynes quotes B.C. Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Body : Size (Small stature)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Fell from horse, broke neck)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Pro jockey at 16)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property (Bought horse property in Kentucky)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Sports announcer)
- Vocation : Sports : Race Horses (Pro, debut at age 16, over 1700 wins)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Gross motor control (Pro jockey, record setter)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Triple Crown; set records for most wins)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (More wins than any jockey)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book