Cassar Scalia, Cristina
|born on||25 May 1977 at 06:45 (= 06:45 AM )|
|Place||Modica, Italy, 36n52, 14e46|
|Timezone||CEST h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°52' 22°39 Asc. 18°11'|
Italian writer, originally an ophthalmologist by profession, whose debut 2014 novel La seconda estate ("The Second Summer," translated in France and awarded the Capalbio First Opera Prize) was followed by Le stanza dello scirocco (2015), set in Sicily.
Her series of novels featuring the protagonist Vanina Guarrasi, include Sabbia nera (2018), La logica della lampara (2019), La Salita dei Saponari (2020) and L'uomo del porto (2021).
In Cristina Cassar Scalia's novels, especially those with Vanina Guarrasi as the protagonist, Sicily is a central motif, even if described in a neutral way, so much so that it becomes not a simple background of the events but a real character, capable of exerting an attractive force on the reader.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2014 (Debut novel "La seconda estate")
Grazia Bordoni quotes birth record .
- Vocation : Medical : Physician (Ophthalmologist)
- Vocation : Writers : Detective/ Mystery (Novels)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award