|born on||24 May 1955 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Memphis, Tennessee, 35n09, 90w03|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°07' 18°06 Asc. 15°55'|
American singer-songwriter and author. She is the eldest daughter of country music icon Johnny Cash and his first wife, Vivian Liberto Cash Distin.
Although Cash is often classified as a country artist, her music draws on many genres, including folk, pop, rock, blues, and most notably Americana. In the 1980s, she had a string of chart-topping singles, which crossed musical genres and landed on both the country and pop charts, the most commercially successful being her 1981 breakthrough hit "Seven Year Ache", which topped the U.S. country singles charts and reached the Top 30 on the U.S. pop singles charts.
In 1990, Cash released Interiors, a spare, introspective album which signaled a break from her pop country past. The following year Cash ended her marriage and moved from Nashville to New York City, where she continues to write, record and perform. Since 1991 she has released five albums, written two books and edited a collection of short stories. Her fiction and essays have been published in The New York Times, Rolling Stone, The Oxford American, New York Magazine, and various other periodicals and collections.
She won a Grammy in 1985 for "I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me", and has received twelve other Grammy nominations. She has had 11 No. 1 country hit singles, 21 Top 40 country singles and two gold records. Cash was the 2014 recipient of Smithsonian magazine's American Ingenuity Award in the Performing Arts category.
On 8 February 2015, Cash won three Grammy awards for Best Americana Album for The River & the Thread, Best American Roots Song with John Leventhal and Best American Roots Performance for A Feather's Not A Bird.
She was portrayed, as a child, by Hailey Anne Nelson in Walk the Line, the 2005 Academy-award winning film about her father's life.
- associate relationship with Haden, Charlie (born 6 August 1937). Notes: Music collaborators
- child->parent relationship with Cash, Johnny (born 26 February 1932)
- sibling relationship with Cash, John Carter (born 3 March 1970). Notes: Half-siblings
- Work : Prize 1985 (Grammy)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Composed: A Memoir by Rosanne Cash (Penguin, 2010): "I was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on May 24, 1955 ... at eight o'clock that evening."
Frank Clifford writes that the birth certificate has no time recorded.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Daughter of country music icon Johnny Cash)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Mixed genres)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Edited a collection of short stories)
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers (Essayist)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Four time winner)