Caruthers, Marvin H.
|Birthname||Marvin Harry Caruthers|
|born on||11 February 1940 at 01:35 (= 01:35 AM )|
|Place||Cumming, Iowa, 41n29, 93w46|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°26' 24°00 Asc. 24°51'|
American biochemist at the University of Colorado Boulder whose research is on nucleic acids. He and his research group developed methods for the phosphoramidite synthesis of DNA. Using this technique, his group was able to incorporate nucleotide analogs for functional group mutagenesis for a deeper understanding of nucleic acid biochemistry. In addition to DNA, he developed methods of RNA synthesis and also for DNA analogues and the applications of the resulting molecules. He was a co-founder of Amgen and Applied Biosystems with Leroy Hood.
- (has as) mentor relationship with Letsinger, Robert L. (born 31 July 1921). Notes: PhD
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (BS, PhD)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Biology (Biochemist)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator