|Birthname||Fabiano Luigi Caruana|
|born on||30 July 1992 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||South Miami, Florida, 25n42, 80w18|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||07°35' 17°38 Asc. 29°13'|
Italian-American chess grandmaster, a chess prodigy, he became a grandmaster at the age of 14 years, 11 months and 20 days—the youngest grandmaster in the history of both Italy and the United States at the time.
Caruana is a dual citizen of Italy and the USA. He grew up in Park Slope, Brooklyn. He played for the United States until 2005, when he transferred to Italy. He earned his grandmaster title in 2007, and in the same year won his first Italian Chess Championship, a feat he repeated in 2008, 2010 and 2011. He won the Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting in 2012, 2014 and 2015. He also won the Sinquefield Cup 2014, recording a historic 3103 performance rating and improving his Elo rating to 2844, becoming the third-highest-rated player in history. He transferred back to the US in 2015.
Having won the FIDE Grand Prix 2014–15, Caruana qualified for the Candidates Tournament 2016, where he was runner-up to Sergey Karjakin. He won the 2016 US Chess Championship, and represented the US on board 1 at the 42nd Chess Olympiad, winning team gold and individual bronze. He won the London Chess Classic in 2017. He won the Candidates Tournament 2018, becoming the first American challenger for the undisputed World Chess Championship since Bobby Fischer in 1972. In the run-up to the championship match, Caruana won the 5th Grenke Chess Classic, the 6th Norway Chess, and the 6th Sinquefield Cup. He lost the match to Magnus Carlsen in the rapid tiebreaks after drawing 6–6 in the classical games.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Carlsen, Magnus (born 30 November 1990). Notes: World Chess Championship rivals
- Work : Great Achievement 2007 (Became a grandmaster)
From Ryan Chester by email: "I obtained his birth information from his mother. I spoke with her over lunch at her apartment in St Louis [Missouri] on 12/23/18."
- Traits : Mind : Child prodigy (Chess)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other (Chess)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Problem Solving (Chess)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Chess)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Youngest grandmaster in Italy and USA)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Chess Grandmaster)