Carter, Charles E.O.
|born on||31 January 1887 at 23:01 (= 11:01 PM )|
|Place||Parkstone, England, 50n47, 2w20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°49' 07°23 Asc. 16°53'|
British leading astrologer for 45 years, known and respected through the 20th century. He was the most important and influential English astrologer of the 20th century, forming a bridge between the Victorian and Edwardian astrologers on one side and the modern astrologers on the other.
He was a stimulating and thought-provoking founder and editor of "The Astrology Magazine" and President of The Astrological Lodge 1922-1953. His books include "Fundamentals of Astrology," "Encyclopedia of Psychological Astrology," and "Aspects" as well as works on every possible form of astrology.
Carter was the grandson of the founder of the Poole Pottery company and trained as a lawyer in his youth. His experiences on the Western Front of WW I changed him; when he returned home he was unable to stand enclosed places to the extent that he was unable to function in a closed courtroom. He turned to helping his dad in the administration of the Homelands Trust, re-settling post-war families. During his work years, he pursued an avocational hobby of astrology and other esoteric interests.
While in Theosophical society, he met his future wife, who converted him to vegetarianism. A post-war pacifist, much of his writing reflected the ideals of the metaphysical theosophy of his time.
Carter died 10/04/1968, 4:30 PM, London.
Given by him in "Symbolic Directions in Modern Astrology."
(Fowler's gives 10:55 PM, from him. He rectified his own chart to MC 21 Cancer 53.)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (President of Astrological Lodge)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (WW I)
- Vocation : Military : Pacifist/ Objector (Post-war pacifist)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (House of Assembly, P.M.)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Many articles, books)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book