|Birthname||O'Carroll, Marie Madeleine Bernadette|
|born on||26 February 1906 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||West Bromwich, England, 52n31, 1w56|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°07' 14°57 Asc. 10°35'|
British actress who was a gentle, well-bred leading lady of the '30s and '40s. On-screen from 1928, her work includes the Hollywood pictures "39 Steps," "Prisoner of Zenda," and "My Favorite Blonde."
Though she became a U.S. citizen in 1943, England was always first in her heart. With WW II she returned to London to work for the Allied Relief Fund and was also very active with the American Red Cross. For her efforts, she was honored by the American Legion and the French government, and in 1948 the National Conference of Christians and Jews named her "Woman of the Year."
She made only three postwar pictures before retiring to devote her time to UNESCO, nonetheless playing an occasional role on stage or TV. Because of her beautifully modulated voice and diction, she was welcomed to radio dramas.
Carroll married and divorced four times. Her husbands included Philip Astley, 1931, followed by the French film producer Henri Lavorel, then Sterling Hayden, 1942-1946, and Life magazine publisher Andrew Heiskell 1950-1965. At 78, she lived on a large farm near Paris.
Carroll died of gall bladder cancer 10/2/1987 near Marbella, Spain.
- spouse relationship with Heiskell, Andrew (born 13 September 1915). Notes: 1950-1965
- Work : New Career 1928 (Debut on screen)
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Sterling Hayden)
- Work : Prize 1948 (Woman of the Year)
- Relationship : Marriage 1950 (Andrew Heiskell)
Church of Light quotes Tucker, "data from her in 1935"
Tucker later had an article in Dell in which he stated 00:40 AM but the chart was shown for 12:40 PM.
(Tucker's data was remarkably unreliable.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Gall bladder)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Andrew Heiskell, fourth husband)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husbands)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (England, Spain and France)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater and film)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (War relief in London as a civilian)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Allied Relief Fund, UNESCO)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (Woman of the Year 1948)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women