|Birthname||Margarita Carrera Molina|
|born on||16 September 1929 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Guatemala, Guatemala, 14n38, 90w31|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°34' 29°56 Asc. 05°35'|
Guatemalan philosopher, professor and writer, a member of the Academia Guatemalteca de la Lengua and the 1996 laureate of the Miguel Ángel Asturias National Prize in Literature.
She was the first female graduate in Literature from Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala in 1957, and from that year she was employed as a university professor. Carrera joined the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa in 1982. From 1993 she worked as a columnist for Prensa Libre of Guatemala and published in many other newspapers.
Carrera was married for seven years and divorced, and she had two children. Margarita Carrera died in Guatemala City on 31 March 2018 at the age of 88.
- Work : Prize 1996 (Miguel Ángel Asturias National Prize in Literature)
Sy Scholfield provided entry from civil birth registry (No. 2073).
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Her father committed suicide)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (University professor)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Philosopher
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Essayist)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Miguel Ángel Asturias National Prize in Literature)