Caroline, Princess Reuss of Greiz
|Birthname||Caroline Elisabeth Ida|
|born on||13 July 1884 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Greiz, Germany, 50n39, 12e12|
|Timezone||LMT m12e12 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°28' 21°52 Asc. 06°45'|
German royalty, a Princess Reuss of Greiz by birth, and a Grand Duchess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach as the first wife of Grand Duke Wilhelm Ernst.
Caroline was a daughter of the reigning Heinrich XXII, Prince Reuss of Greiz by his wife Princess Ida, daughter of Adolf I, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe. Her mother died in 1891, and her father died in 1902.
Princess Caroline married Wilhelm Ernst, the reigning Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach since 1901, on 30 April 1903.
The marriage was unhappy, as Caroline found the rigid Weimar court etiquette intolerable. The court was generally considered to be one of the most stifling and etiquette-driven in Germany. Caroline caused a scandal by seeking refuge in Switzerland; her husband followed soon after, as it was made understood that she had not fled the marriage but instead had simply sought to be away from her entourage in Weimar.
She was eventually induced to return, but soon lost health and lapsed into melancholia. She died eighteen months after their marriage, on 17 January 1905, under mysterious circumstances. The official cause of death was pneumonia following influenza; other sources however have suggested suicide. The couple had no children together.
- spouse relationship with Wilhelm Ernst, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (born 10 June 1876). Notes: 1903-1905
- Relationship : Marriage 30 April 1903 (Grand Duke Wilhelm Ernst of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided report from Hamburger Nachrichten, 16 July 1884, p. 8: "Die regierende Fürstin von Reuß älterer Linie wurde am Sonntag Nachmittag 2 Uhr von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden."
(The reigning Princess von Reuß senior line was happily delivered on Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock of a princess).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Melancholia)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 20)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Mysterious)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Reuss, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, by marriage)