Carlos, Prince of Asturias
|born on||8 July 1545 Jul.Cal. (18 July 1545 greg.) at 23:59 (= 11:59 PM )|
|Place||Valladolid, Spain, 41n39, 4w43|
|Timezone||LMT m4w43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||25°39' 25°58 Asc. 13°09'|
Spanish royalty known as Don Carlos, the eldest son and heir-apparent of King Philip II of Spain. His mother was Maria Manuela of Portugal, daughter of John III of Portugal. Carlos was mentally unstable and was imprisoned by his father in early 1568, dying on 24 July 1568 after half a year of solitary confinement.
- child->parent relationship with Felipe II, King of Spain (born 21 May 1527 Jul.Cal. (31 May 1527 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Catalina Micaela, Duchess Consort of Savoy (born 10 October 1567 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Diego, Prince of Asturias (born 12 July 1575 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1575 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Felipe III, King of Spain (born 14 April 1578 Jul.Cal. (24 Apr 1578 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Fernando, Prince of Asturias (born 4 December 1571 Jul.Cal. (14 Dec 1571 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Isabel Clara Eugenia, Infanta of Spain (born 12 August 1566 Jul.Cal. (22 Aug 1566 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- compare to chart of First performance:Don Karlos (born 29 August 1787)
- Death by Disease 24 July 1568 Jul.Cal. (3 Aug 1568 greg.) (Eating disorders, Age 23)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes an email from S.C. on 16/11/2014: "Father Philip's 9 July 1545 letter to father Charles reports "midnight" of previous day, 8 July, for Carlos's birth. Informational credit to "Don Carlos of Spain: A Medical Portrait" (1970; p. 3) by Charles Donald O'Malley."
Scholfield notes that various Spanish biographies give "media noche" (midnight). For example, "D. Carlos y Felipe II" by Louis Prosper Gachard (José Juanco y Compañía, 1863), p. 14.
It is not specified whether midnight was at the start or the end of 8 July 1545 so the data is rated C.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Mental Illness
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 23)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg)