Carlo Felice, King of Sardinia
|Birthname||Carlo Felice Giuseppe Maria di Savoia|
|born on||6 April 1765 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°36' 18°36 Asc. 29°24'|
King of Sardinia from 12 March 1821 to 27 April 1831. He was also Duke of Savoy, Piedmont, and Aosta.
He was the eleventh born of the twelve children of Vittorio Amedeus III of Savoy and his wife María Antonia Fernanda, Infanta of Spain (daughter of Philip V of Spain).
His sisters included the future "granddaughters in law" of Louis XV of France, Princess Maria Giuseppina, who married the future Louis XVIII of France in 1771 and Princess Maria Teresa, wife of the future Charles X of France, married in 1773.
His brothers included the other two last kings of Sardinia from the mainline; the future Carlo Emanuele IV and Vittorio Emanuele I.
He was married by proxy to Princess Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily (17 January 1779 – 11 March 1849) on 7 March 1807. She was a daughter of Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies and Maria Carolina of Austria, (1752-1814), sister of the famous Marie Antoinette (1755-1793), later Queen of France .
He died without issue, in Turin, on 27 April 1831, aged 66.
- child->parent relationship with María Antonia Fernanda, Infanta of Spain (born 17 November 1729)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Amedeo III, King of Sardinia (born 26 June 1726)
- spouse relationship with Maria Cristina, Queen Consort of Sardinia (born 17 January 1779). Notes: 1807-1831
- sibling relationship with Amedeo Alessandro, Prince of Savoy (born 5 October 1754)
- sibling relationship with Carlo Emanuele IV, King of Sardinia (born 24 May 1751)
- sibling relationship with Maria Carolina, Princess of Saxony (born 17 January 1764)
- sibling relationship with Vittorio Emanuele I, King of Sardinia (born 24 July 1759)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Middelburgsche courant," 30 April 1765, p. 1: "Turin, den 6. April. De Hertogin van Savoyen is dezen morgen ten 5. uuren gelukkig van een jongen Prins in de kraam bevallen, dewelke by den H. Doop de Namen van Carel Felix Jofeph Maria ontfangen heeft."
(Turin, 6 April. The Duchess of Savoy happily gave birth to a Prince this morning at 5 o'clock, named Carel Felix Joseph Maria at the Holy Baptism).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy)