Carlo Emanuele IV, King of Sardinia
|Birthname||Carlo Emanuele Ferdinando Maria|
|born on||24 May 1751 at 07:37 (= 07:37 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°39' 22°12 Asc. 18°22'|
King of Sardinia from 1796 to 1802, who abdicated on 4 June 1802 in favour of his brother Vittorio Emanuele I.
Carlo Emanuele married Marie Clotilde of France, the daughter of Louis, Dauphin of France and Princess Marie-Josèphe of Saxony, and sister of King Louis XVI of France. Although the union was arranged for political reasons, Carlo Emanuele and his wife became devoted to each other. Their attempts to have children, however, were unsuccessful.
He died on 6 October 1819 aged 68 in Rome.
- child->parent relationship with María Antonia Fernanda, Infanta of Spain (born 17 November 1729)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Amedeo III, King of Sardinia (born 26 June 1726)
- spouse relationship with Marie Clotilde, Princess of France (born 23 September 1759). Notes: 1775-1802
- sibling relationship with Amedeo Alessandro, Prince of Savoy (born 5 October 1754)
- sibling relationship with Carlo Felice, King of Sardinia (born 6 April 1765)
- sibling relationship with Maria Carolina, Princess of Saxony (born 17 January 1764)
- sibling relationship with Vittorio Emanuele I, King of Sardinia (born 24 July 1759)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Miscellanea di storia italiana, Volume 46" (Stamperia Reale, 1912), p. 352: "A 24 maggio 1751 diede felicemente alla luce la Real Duchessa un figlio maschio alle. ore 7 e minuti 37 della stessa mattina. con estremo contento del Re nostro Signore, di tutta la Famiglia Reale, e della Corte..."
A news report in "Opregte Groninger courant," 16 June 1751, p. 1, states "morgens tuffchen 7 en 8 uuren" (in the morning between 7 and 8 o'clock).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (26 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy)