Carl Oscar, Duke of Södermanland
|Birthname||Carl Oscar Wilhelm Fredrik|
|born on||14 December 1852 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°41' 06°27 Asc. 03°54'|
Prince of Sweden and Norway, as the only son and younger child in the marriage of Crown Prince Carl (later King Carl XV and IV) of the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway (1826–1872) and Princess Louise of the Netherlands (1828–1871). He had one elder sibling, Louise of Sweden who would become Queen of Denmark.
In February 1854 the young prince suffered from the measles, and was prescribed a cold bath. This led to pneumonia, and the prince died on 13 March when he was little over a year old.
- child->parent relationship with Carl XV, King of Sweden (born 3 May 1826)
- child->parent relationship with Louise, Queen of Sweden and Norway (born 5 August 1828)
- sibling relationship with Louise of Sweden, Queen of Denmark (born 31 October 1851)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Leipziger Zeitung," 24 Dec. 1852, p. 5: "Schweden und Norwegen. Stockholm, 14. Decbr. Ihre königliche Hoheit die Kron-prinzessin von Schweden und Norwegen ist heute Mittags um 12 Uhr von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden. DerPrinz hat die Namen Karl Oscar Wilhelm Frederik erhalten." (Sweden and Norway. Stockholm, Dec. 14. Her Royal Highness, the crown princess of Sweden and Norway, was happily delivered of a prince at 12 o'clock noon. The prince has received the names Karl Oscar Wilhelm Frederik).
Same data (12 noon) in Swedish newspaper, Stockholms Dagblad, 15 Dec 1852, page 1.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Measles)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Measles)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (1 year 3 months)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte)