Carl Bernadotte, Prince of Sweden
|Birthname||Carl Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Christian|
|born on||10 January 1911 at 11:20 (= 11:20 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°05' 17°21 Asc. 12°14'|
Swedish royalty, originally styled Prince Carl, Duke of Östergötland, who was the youngest child and only son of Prince Carl of Sweden and Princess Ingeborg of Denmark. To distinguish himself from his father, he was widely known as Carl Junior. He was the brother of Queen Astrid of Belgium and Crown Princess Märtha of Norway.
On 6 July 1937, Prince Carl married Countess Elsa von Rosen (1904–1991), thus relinquishing his succession rights and his royal titles. She was the daughter of one Count von Rosen and ex-wife of another Count von Rosen. Bernadotte's brother-in-law, King Leopold III of Belgium, conferred upon him the title Prince Bernadotte in the Belgian nobility on the same date, with the right to a comital title for his male-line descendants.
He had one daughter, called Countess Madeleine Berndotte (b. Stockholm, 8 October 1938) and divorced Elsa in 1951. He married Ann Margareta Larsson (1921–1975) at Danderyd, Sweden, on 1 November 1954. They divorced in 1961 without issue. His third and final marriage was held at the Embassy of Sweden in Rabat, Morocco, on 8 June 1978 to Kristine Rivelsrud.
Bernadotte died at age 92 on 27 June 2003 in Málaga, Spain.
- child->parent relationship with Carl, Duke of Västergötland (born 27 February 1861)
- child->parent relationship with Ingeborg, Princess of Denmark (born 2 August 1878)
- sibling relationship with Astrid, Queen of Belgium (born 17 November 1905)
- sibling relationship with Margaretha, Princess of Sweden (born 25 June 1899)
- sibling relationship with Märtha, Princess of Sweden (born 28 March 1901)
- has other family relationship with Leopold III, King of Belgium (born 3 November 1901). Notes: Brother-in-law
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1951 (Countess Elsa von Rosen)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1961 (Ann Margareta Larsson)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Swedish newspapers, e.g. Aftonbladet, 10 January 1911: "En ny svensk prins välsignelse lyckligen förlöst med en prins KL 11,20 f.m." (Translation: A new Swedish prince's blessing, happily delivered of a prince at 11.20 AM).
His Swedish Wikipedia entry gives 10:20 AM: "född klockan 10.20 den 10 januari 1911 i Stockholm." The source is given as Gustaf V och hans tid 1907–1918 by Erik Lindorm (1979), p. 168. .
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 92)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte, Sweden)