Carl Alexander, Duke of Württemberg
|born on||12 March 1896 at 18:15 (= 6:15 PM )|
|Place||Stuttgart, Germany, 48n46, 9e11|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°39' 03°55 Asc. 21°49'|
Duke of Württemberg who became a Benedictine monk. He was the third (and youngest) of the sons of Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg and his wife, Archduchess Margarete Sophie of Austria. He also had four younger sisters.
In World War I he fought on the Western Front and in Italy. Following the German Revolution of 1918–1919 he resigned, as captain, from active military service, and within a few months became a postulant at the Abbey of St. Martin in Beuron. He entered the novitiate in 1920 as "Brother Odo", taking vows in February 1921.
During, and following, the Nazi era he provided aid to refugees, Jews, and prisoners of war, and was reported for these activities to the Nazi rulers of Germany.
He died on 27 December 1964, aged 68, in Altshausen.
- child->parent relationship with Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg (born 23 December 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Margarete Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 13 May 1870)
- sibling relationship with Albrecht Eugen, Duke of Württemberg (born 8 January 1895)
- sibling relationship with Maria Amalia, Duchess of Württemberg (born 15 August 1897)
- sibling relationship with Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg (born 14 November 1893)
Originally this entry had a speculative time of 9pm (rated C) with Sy Scholfield quoting from "Altonaer Nachrichten, " 13 March 1896, p. 3: "Stuttgart, 12. März. Die Herzogin Albrecht von Württemberg ist heute Abend von einem Prinzen entbunden worden" (Stuttgart, 12 March. The Duchess Albrecht von Wurttemberg was this evening delivered of a prince).
On 3 March 2017 Scholfield changed the time to 6:15pm (and the rating to A), having forwarded news report from "Pester Lloyd," 13 March 1896, p. 3: "Stuttgart, 12. März. Herzogin Margarethe Sophie von Württemberg, Gemahlin des Herzogs Albrecht von Württemberg, ist um 6¼ Uhr Abends von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Stuttgart, 12 March. Duchess Margarethe Sophie of Wurttemberg, wife of Duke Albrecht of Wurttemberg, was happily delivered of a prince at six-fifteen o'clock in the evening).
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Benedictine monk)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Württemberg)