Carl, Prince of Prussia
|Birthname||Friedrich Carl Alexander|
|born on||29 June 1801 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°51' 17°12 Asc. 21°22'|
Prussian prince who served as a Prussian general for much of his adult life and became the first Herrenmeister (Grand Master) of the Order of Saint John after its restoration as a chivalric order. Nevertheless, he is perhaps remembered more often for his patronage of art and for his sizable and fine collections of art and armour.
He was a younger son of Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and his wife Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
Prince Carl entered the Prussian army in 1811 at the age of ten, with the rank of lieutenant in a regiment of the guards. In 1820, he became a major in the First Regiment of Foot Guards. In 1822, he became colonel of the 12th Infantry Regiment. In 1824, he was promoted to major general. In 1830, he commanded the 2nd Guards Division. He was further promoted to lieutenant-general in 1832 and general of infantry in 1844. He served as Inspector-General (1848) and as Generalfeldzeugmeister and chief of the artillery (1854).
Carl served as Governor of Mainz from 1864–1866.
On 26 May 1827 in Charlottenburg, Carl married Princess Marie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. Carl and Marie had three children together.
He died in Berlin on 21 January 1883, aged 81.
- parent->child relationship with Anna, Princess of Prussia (born 17 May 1836)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Karl, Prince of Prussia (1828) (born 20 March 1828)
- parent->child relationship with Luise, Princess of Prussia (1829) (born 1 March 1829)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- child->parent relationship with Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 10 March 1776)
- spouse relationship with Marie, Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1808) (born 3 February 1808). Notes: 1827-1877
- sibling relationship with Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1809) (born 4 October 1809)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- sibling relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1803) (born 23 February 1803)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia (born 15 October 1795)
- sibling relationship with Luise, Princess of Prussia (1808) (born 1 February 1808)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany (born 22 March 1797)
- Relationship : Marriage 26 May 1827 (Princess Marie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 18 July 1801, p. 2: "Am 29. Jun. Morgens um 5 Uhr ward Ihro Majestät, die regierende Königin, zur Freude des Königl. Hauses und des ganzen Landes, in Charlottenburg von einem Prinzen entbunden." (On 29 June, at five o'clock in the morning, Her Majesty, the reigning Queen, to the delight of the Royal House and the whole country, in Charlottenburg, was delivered of a prince).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)