|Birthname||Mario Fortino Alfonso Moreno Reyes|
|born on||12 August 1911 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°22' 26°14 Asc. 22°11'|
Mexican actor and comedian, Mexico's most famous comic actor in his half century of making some 49 films. He has been referred to as the "Charlie Chaplin of Mexico." As a wistful clown, he made millions and founded Posa Film Productions.
To audiences in the United States, he is best remembered as co-starring with David Niven in the Academy Award winner for Best Picture film Around the World in 80 Days, for which Moreno won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy.
Cantinflas married in 1937; had one son and three grandkids. He lived well with five homes and he gave freely to the poor, building 64 apartment houses for the lower classes. He died of lung cancer at 81, on 20 April 1993 in Mexico City.
- associate relationship with Medel, Manuel (born 5 January 1906)
- business associate/partner relationship with Zacarias, Miguel (born 19 March 1905)
- Work : Prize 1956 (Golden Globe)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Distrito Federal México archives.
(Previously this entry had 12:30 AM: Juan Estadella saw a copy of his birth certificate in a magazine.)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 5 ft 8 in/ 173 cm)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung cancer, terminal)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Low-cost housing for the poor)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Comedy)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Golden Globe)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Pioneer of the cinema of Mexico)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Iconic in Mexico and Latin America)