|Birthname||Diana Canova Rivero|
|born on||1 June 1953 at 20:49 (= 8:49 PM )|
|Place||West Palm Beach, Florida, 26n43, 80w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°14' 06°25 Asc. 04°29'|
American screen and stage actress, singer, theatre director, and college professor; the daughter of actress and singer Judy Canova and Cuban musician Filberto Rivero. She was raised in the Greater Los Angeles Area, where she graduated from Hollywood High School. Canova later studied acting at Los Angeles City College.
She landed the role of the promiscuous Corinne Tate on Soap in 1977 opposite Katherine Helmond as her mother. She remained with the series until 1980.
Canova was also known for her beautiful singing and exhibited this during Perry Como's Early American Christmas program in 1978. This show was filmed in Williamsburg, Virginia and also featured John Wayne.
Later, in 1980, ABC executives offered Canova her own television series starring alongside Danny Thomas in I'm a Big Girl Now. The show lasted just one season.
Since the mid 1990s, she has mainly done voice work for cartoons in video shorts. In 1995, she played "Jenny" in a revival of Stephen Sondheim's musical Company.
Currently, Canova works as an adjunct professor of voice at Manhattanville College in Purchase, New York, and teaches private lessons. She also directs musicals and short plays as well as a high school improv troupe that performs at local charity events.
Canova is married to record producer Elliot Scheiner and they have two children.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Soap (born 13 September 1977). Notes: Played Corinne Tate, 1977-1980
- associate relationship with Helmond, Katherine (born 5 July 1929). Notes: Co-stars in "Soap," 1977-1980
- child->parent relationship with Canova, Judy (born 20 November 1916)
Sy Scholfield provided news report, "Daughter Born to Judy Canova," The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Florida), Wednesday, 3 Jun 1953, p. 6: "A daughter, Diana, was born to Mr. and Mrs. Philip Rivero at 8:49 pm Monday at Good Samaritan Hospital, it was revealed Tuesday morning."
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Elliot Scheiner)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of voice)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Stage)