Campo, Manuel del
|Birthname||Manuel Martínez del Campo y Cuevas|
|born on||14 November 1913 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°41' 29°35 Asc. 29°24'|
Mexican film editor working in Hollywood and British film, also noted as the third husband of actress Mary Astor. They married in 1936, had a son, Anthony Paul "Tono" del Campo, and divorced amicably in 1941. As an actor he used the stage-name of Michael Field.
Manuel Martínez del Campo's father was an Irish Mexican diplomat. In 1914 he moved to New York after his father was posted to the Mexican consulate in New York City. Del Campo was brought up in Brooklyn borough.
In 1941, del Campo joined the newly formed No. 415 Squadron RCAF as a Flight lieutenant. The squadron was stationed at Thorney Island in England and was armed with Hampdens. After the Second World War ended, del Campo stayed in the UK, where he married two more times. He worked as an editor until his death on 16 February 1969 at age 55 in London.
- spouse relationship with Astor, Mary (born 3 May 1906). Notes: 1936-1941
- has other family relationship with Thorpe, Marylyn (born 15 June 1932). Notes: Step-father/ daughter
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Mary Astor, actress)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Stage name)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs (Film editor)
- Vocation : Military : Military service