|Birthname||Marjorie Elizabeth Cameron|
|born on||23 April 1922 at 20:15 (= 8:15 PM )|
|Place||Belle Plaine, Iowa, 41n54, 92w17|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°07' 28°20 Asc. 18°53'|
American artist, poet, actress, and occultist, who professionally used the mononym Cameron. A follower of Thelema, the new religious movement established by the English occultist Aleister Crowley, she was married to rocket pioneer and fellow Thelemite Jack Parsons.
Cameron volunteered for services in the United States Navy during the Second World War, after which she settled in Pasadena, California. There she met Parsons, who believed her to be the "elemental" woman that he had invoked in the early stages of a series of sex magic rituals called the Babalon Working. They entered into a relationship and were married in 1946. Their relationship was often strained, although Parsons sparked her involvement in Thelema and occultism.
After Parsons' death in an explosion at their home in 1952, Cameron came to suspect that her husband had been assassinated and began rituals to communicate with his spirit. Moving to Beaumont, California, she established a multi-racial occult group called The Children, which dedicated itself to sex magical rituals with the intent of producing mixed-race "moon children" who would be devoted to the god Horus. The group soon dissolved, largely because many of its members became concerned by Cameron's increasingly apocalyptic predictions.
Returning to Los Angeles, Cameron befriended the socialite Samson De Brier and established herself within the city's avant-garde artistic community. Among her friends were the filmmakers Curtis Harrington and Kenneth Anger. She appeared in two of Harrington's films, The Wormwood Star and Night Tide, as well as in Anger's film Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome. In later years, she made appearances in art-house films created by John Chamberlain and Chick Strand. Rarely remaining in one place for long, during the 1950s and 1960s she lived in Joshua Tree, San Francisco, and Santa Fe. In 1955, she gave birth to a daughter, Crystal Eve Kimmel. Although intermittent health problems prevented her from working, her art and poetry resulted in several exhibitions. From the late 1970s until her death from cancer in 1995, Cameron lived in a bungalow in West Hollywood, where she raised her daughter and grandchildren, pursued her interests in esotericism, and produced artwork and poetry.
Cameron's recognition as an artist increased after her death, when her paintings made appearances in exhibitions across the U.S. As a result of increased attention on Parsons, Cameron's life also gained greater coverage in the early 2000s. In 2006, the Cameron–Parsons Foundation was created to preserve and promote her work, and in 2011 a biography of Cameron, entitled Wormwood Star: The Magickal Life of Marjorie Cameron and written by Spencer Kansa, was published.
- associate relationship with Anger, Kenneth (born 3 February 1927)
- associate relationship with Chamberlain, John (born 16 April 1927)
- associate relationship with Hopper, Dennis (born 17 May 1936)
- associate relationship with Stockwell, Dean (born 5 March 1936)
- friend relationship with Gréco, Juliette (born 7 February 1927)
- friend relationship with Van Tassel, George (born 12 March 1910)
- spouse relationship with Parsons, Jack (born 2 October 1914). Notes: 1946-1952
- compare to chart of Crowley, Aleister (born 12 October 1875)
- compare to chart of Norton, Rosaleen (born 2 October 1917). Notes: Shared similar looks and artistic styles
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 24 December 1955 (Birth of daughter, Crystal Eve Kimmel)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1959 (Sheridan "Sherry" Kimmel)
- Death by Disease 24 July 1995 (Age 73)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Great Publicity 2011 (Biography, Wormwood Star," published)
Vanessa Irena sent birth certificate by email.
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Other Personality (Intense)
- Traits : Personality : Other Personality (Dominating)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Brain and lung)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain (Tumour, cancer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Chronic bronchitis, cancer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Radiotherapy)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Other Psychological (Mood swings)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jack Parsons)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Abortions
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Drug business (Drug possession)
- Personal : Death : Suicide Attempt
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Tai chi)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Geography (Cartographer)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Tarot / I Ching
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Other Occult Fields (Ufology)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist (Artist and Occultist)
- Vocation : Religion : Spiritual Leader/ Guru (New Age)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet