|Birthname||Cagney, Jr., James Francis|
|born on||17 July 1899 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°43' 13°38 Asc. 15°05'|
American actor who usually played the gangster or tough guy. He became an overnight star in "Public Enemy," 1931 when he squashed a grapefruit in Mae Clark's face. He achieved an Oscar award for Best Actor in his performance of "Yankee Doodle Dandy," 1943.
Cagney was actually a shy millionaire who never so much as got a parking ticket. He was married in a long-term relationship, when finding out that he was infertile, they adopted two kids.
Died on 30 March 1986, Stanfordville, NY.
- associate relationship with Clarke, Mae (born 16 August 1910). Notes: Co-stars in 1931 film "The Public Enemy"
- associate relationship with Manning, Irene (born 17 July 1912). Notes: Co-stars in 1942 film "Yankee Doodle Dandy"
- associate relationship with Sydney, Sylvia (born 8 August 1910). Notes: co-star
- compare to chart of Curtiz, Michael (born 25 December 1886). Notes: Cagney won his only Academy Award under Curtiz's direction
The birth year 1899 given in his auobiography, "Cagney by Cagney", and established by the New York census form (see at the right) from June 1900, which lists him as born in July 1899 (the form has no field for day of month). Where the birth time 9 am comes from is uncertain. Previously ADB had birth year 1900, which was certainly incorrect. (Atr, 1 July 2012).
Starkman rectified to 9.33.56 EST
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted kids)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Actor)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book