|Birthname||Donaldson Toussaint L'Ouverture Byrd II|
|born on||9 December 1932 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Detroit, Michigan, 42n20, 83w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°11' 07°33 Asc. 24°12'|
American musician and jazz trumpeter. First established as a hard bopper in the late ’50s-early’60s, Byrd’s striking technique and opulent tones made him stand out from his fellow jazzmen.
Byrd, aka Donaldson Toussaint L’Ouverture II, was born in Detroit, MI, and during the early’50s, he served in the military. During the same period, he studied music at Wayne State University, receiving his Bachelors Degree in 1954. He continued his education at the Manhattan School of Music during the mid-1950s and earned his Masters. He spent 1962-63 in Europe, studying composition. In 1976, he received his law degree, and in 1982, he earned his Doctorate from Columbia Teachers College.
During the ’50s, Byrd recorded for various labels, both as leader and sideman, and from 1958-61, he co-led a band with baritone saxophonist Pepper Adams. After completing his European studies, he began a parallel career as an educator, teaching at Rutgers, Howard University and the Hampton Institute, and in the late ’70s, he taught at North Carolina Central University. During the’70s, he founded the soul-funk group "Blackbyrds," but overall his music became more commercial in nature. In the ’80s-’90s, his music returned to its jazz roots, and in 1993, he recorded "Jazzmatazz" with Gang Starr Jazz Rapper "Guru."
Byrd lived in Teaneck, New Jersey, until his death on 4 February 2013 at the age of 80.
- associate relationship with Adderley, Cannonball (born 15 September 1928)
- associate relationship with Adderley, Nat (born 25 November 1931)
- associate relationship with Booker, Walter (born 17 December 1933). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Coltrane, John (born 23 September 1926)
- associate relationship with Dameron, Tadd (born 21 February 1917)
- associate relationship with Garland, Red (born 13 May 1923). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Hancock, Herbie (born 12 April 1940)
- associate relationship with Haynes, Roy (born 13 March 1925)
- associate relationship with La Roca, Pete (born 7 April 1938)
- associate relationship with Monk, Thelonious (born 10 October 1917)
- associate relationship with Rollins, Sonny (born 7 September 1930)
- associate relationship with Silver, Horace (born 2 September 1928)
- Social : End a program of study 1954 (Wayne State University, Bachelors Degree)
- Family : Change residence 1962 (One year in Europe studying composition)
- Social : End a program of study 1976 (Received his law degree)
- Social : End a program of study 1982 (Doctorate from Columbia)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1993 (Released "Jazzmatazz")
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Doctorate)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Blackbyrds)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Trumpet)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz