Business: YouTube (first video)
|born on||23 April 2005 at 20:27 (= 8:27 PM )|
|Place||San Diego, California, 32n43, 117w09|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°03' 00°35 Asc. 17°53'|
American online video-sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google's subsidiaries.
As of August 2018, the website is ranked as the second-most popular site in the world, according to Alexa Internet, just behind Google.
YouTube's early headquarters were situated above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California. The domain name www.youtube.com was activated on 14 February 2005, and the website was developed over the subsequent months.
The first YouTube video, Me at the Zoo by co-founder Jawed Karim, lasted only 18 seconds. The video was uploaded on 23 April 2005, and can still be viewed on the site. It has been viewed about 91 million times as of April 2020.
The YouTube site launched officially on 15 December 2005, by which time the site was receiving 8 million views a day.
- compare to chart of Business: Google Website (born 15 September 1997)
- compare to chart of Business: YouTube Website (born 14 February 2005)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 23 April 2005 at 8:27 PM in San Diego (You Tube: First video)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
"Der Bund," 25 April 2020, p.10.
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking
- Traits : Personality : Creative
- Vocation : Computer : Other Computer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Internet personality
- Notable : Famous : First in Field
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator
- Mundane : Business/Finance : Company Founding