|born on||9 July 1861 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°08' 03°52 Asc. 28°45'|
Scottish multi-millionaire and entrepreneur. Burrell was a ship owner and an art collector. He made an immense fortune from the family shipping business, which he sold in 1917, and devoted the remaining years of his life to collecting art. His interests were very diverse, but his collection was noted for his 19th century French painting. He eventually amassed over 8,000 objects which he donated to the City of Glasgow in 1944 along with a large enough sum of money to build a museum to house them. It was not completely finished until 1983 and the Pollok Country Park became a legend as a hidden treasure trove of popular museum pieces.
In his later years, Burrell lived at Hutton Castle, where he died at 9:45pm on 29 March 1958, aged 96.
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1917 (Sold the shipping business)
- Other Financial 1944 (Donated monies and paintings for Pollok Country Park)
Paul Wright collection, B.C.
Changed to GMT on 13-dec-2013.
On 2 August 2017 Sy Scholfield forwarded birth registry entry and upgraded rating to BC/BR in hand. Death data from death certificate.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Collectibles (8,000 objects d'art)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Donated paintings and money)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 96)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Shipping business)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Notable : Awards : Knighted