|Birthname||John Luther Bunch, Jr.|
|born on||1 December 1921 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Tipton, Indiana, 40n17, 86w02|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°41' 00°46 Asc. 04°37'|
American jazz pianist who joined Tony Bennett in 1966 as pianist and musical director, and stayed in the employ of the singer until 1972. During that time he appeared on Bennett's 1972 series for Thames Television, Tony Bennett at the Talk of the Town. After that, he resumed his previous jazz work, performing and recording with Benny Goodman, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Pearl Bailey, and Scott Hamilton. He led a trio, mostly in England, and made many recordings as a leader, most notably with the New York Swing Trio with Bucky Pizzarelli and Jay Leonhart.
Bunch was still active in Europe and the United States during his final years. He died of melanoma in Roosevelt Hospital, Manhattan, New York City, on 30 March 2010, aged 88.
- associate relationship with Bailey, Pearl (born 29 March 1918). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Bennett, Tony (born 3 August 1926). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Herman, Woody (born 16 May 1913). Notes: Music collaborators
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Melanoma)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Melanoma)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Pianist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Music)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Bombardier, WWII)
- Vocation : Military : POW/ MIA (POW, WWII)