Brown, John Y. Jr.
|Birthname||John Young Brown Jr.|
|born on||28 December 1933 at 02:05 (= 02:05 AM )|
|Place||Lexington, Kentucky, 38n03, 84w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°10' 27°41 Asc. 04°51'|
American Democratic politician, entrepreneur, and businessman, who served as the 55th governor of Kentucky (1979-1983), although he may be best known for building Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) into a multimillion-dollar restaurant chain.
The son of a U.S. congressman, Brown's talent for business became evident in college, where he made a substantial amount of money selling Encyclopædia Britannica sets. After briefly practising law with his father, he purchased Kentucky Fried Chicken from founder Harland Sanders in 1964. Brown turned the company into a worldwide success, and sold his interest in the company for a huge profit in 1971. During the 1970s, he also owned, at various times, three professional basketball teams.
Brown was married three times, the second time to former Miss America Phyllis George. Among his children are news anchor Pamela Ashley Brown and former Secretary of State of Kentucky John Young Brown III.
John Y. Brown Jr. died at a hospital in Lexington on 22 November 2022 at the age of 88. He had been dealing with health complications derived from COVID-19 since the summer.
- business associate/partner relationship with Rogers, Kenny (born 21 August 1938). Notes: Co-founders of chicken restaurant chain
- business associate/partner relationship with Somers, Suzanne (born 16 October 1946). Notes: Co-founders of Suzanne's Kitchen store
- business associate/partner relationship with Storen, Mike (born 14 September 1935)
- parent->child relationship with Brown, Pamela (born 29 November 1983)
- spouse relationship with George, Phyllis (born 25 June 1949). Notes: Married 1979–1998
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Hornung, Paul (born 23 December 1935). Notes: Lawyer/ client
- compare to chart of Carroll, Julian (born 16 April 1931). Notes: Brown succeeded Carroll as governor
- compare to chart of Collins, Martha Layne (born 7 December 1936). Notes: Collins succeeded Brown as governor
- Financial : Investments 1964 (Purchased KFC)
- Financial : Investments 1971 (Sold his interest in KFC)
Birth certificate in hand from Viktor E.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (COVID-19)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Third wife, Jill Louise Roach, 27 years his junior)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Phyllis George)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Daughter, Pamela Brown)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (55th Governor of Kentucky, 1979-1983)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Owner of three pro' basketball teams)