|Birthname||Mary Louise Brooks|
|born on||14 November 1906 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Cherryvale, Kansas, 37n16, 95w33|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°13' 25°08 Asc. 08°20'|
American film actress and dancer, noted as an iconic symbol of the flapper, and for popularizing the bobbed haircut.
Brooks is best known as the lead in three feature films made in Europe: Pandora's Box (1929), Diary of a Lost Girl (1929), and Miss Europe (1930); the first two were made by G. W. Pabst. All these films were considered very "adult" and shocking for their portrayals of sexuality as well as their social satire.
She starred in seventeen silent films and eight sound films before retiring in 1938. Brooks published her memoir, Lulu in Hollywood, in 1982; three years later she died of a heart attack in Rochester, New York, on 8 August 1985 at the age of 78.
- associate relationship with Fields, W.C. (born 29 January 1879). Notes: Co-stars
- associate relationship with Menjou, Adolphe (born 18 February 1890). Notes: Co-stars
- associate relationship with Shawn, Ted (born 21 October 1891). Notes: Co-starred in dance work
- associate relationship with Wayne, John (born 26 May 1907). Notes: Co-stars in 1938 film "Overland Stage Raiders"
- friend relationship with Davies, Marion (born 3 January 1897)
- friend relationship with Hearst, William Randolph (born 29 April 1863)
- lover relationship with Chaplin, Charles (born 16 April 1889). Notes: 2-month affair, 1925
- lover relationship with Garbo, Greta (born 18 September 1905). Notes: One-night stand
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (Memoir, "Lulu in Hollywood")
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth report, "A Girl," The Cherryvale Daily News (Kansas), 14 November 1906, p. 1: "Attorney L. P. Brooks is stepping around today like a blind horse in a clover patch all on account of a young lady who came to his home this morning where she will reside in the future..."
This must be a late edition of the paper as the lead story on the same page reports that a man appeared at court "at two o'clock this afternoon." A birth time for Brooks of 6 AM is speculative.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Arthritis
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Emphysema
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Childhood : Abuse-Sexual (outside of family) (Sexually abused by a man at age 9)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Photographer's nude model)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Sex Business : Courtesan/ Escort
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Lulu in Hollywood")
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Gossip columnist)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Film studies)