|born on||9 September 1778 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein, Germany, 50n21, 7e35|
|Timezone||LMT m7e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°28' 15°31 Asc. 00°15'|
German poet and novelist, and a major figure of German Romanticism. He was the uncle, via his brother Christian, of Franz and Lujo Brentano. He died on 28 July 1842 at age 63 in Aschaffenburg, Germany.
- friend relationship with Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von (born 28 August 1749)
- friend relationship with Herder, Johann Gottfried (born 25 August 1744)
- friend relationship with Tieck, Ludwig (born 31 May 1773)
- friend relationship with Wieland, Christoph Martin (born 5 September 1733)
- other kin relationship with Brentano, Franz (born 16 January 1838). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
Sy Scholfield quotes "Die Frankfurter Brentanos" by Hartwig Schultz (Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, 2001), p. 163: "Der Großvater selbst hatte im Auftrag des Trierer Fürstbischofs Clemens Wenzeslaus (seines »tres gracieux maitre«) das Kind aus der Taufe gehoben und ihm den Namen »Clement« gegeben, wie er in seinem französischen Brief vom 9. September 1778 den Frankfurtern mitteilt. Der Taufbucheintrag bestätigt seine Angaben: Clemens wurde an diesem Tag morgens um 4 Uhr geboren und nachmittags um 3 Uhr getauft. Clemens selbst feierte seinen Geburtstag jedoch einen Tag früher, am Tag von »Maria Geburt«."
Translation: The grandfather himself commissioned by the Prince-Bishop of Trier, Clemens Wenceslaus (his "tres gracieux maitre") lifted the child from the baptism and gave him the name "Clement" as he tells the people of Frankfurt in his French letter dated September 9, 1778. The baptismal register entry confirmed his statement: Clemens was born on this day in the morning at 4 o'clock and was baptized at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. But Clemens himself celebrated his birthday a day earlier, on the day of the "Nativity of Mary".
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels and short stories)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet