|born on||9 September 1899 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Brasov, Romania, 45n39, 25e37|
|Timezone||LST m26e06 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°51' 09°23 Asc. 26°33'|
Hungarian photographer, sculptor, and filmmaker who rose to international fame in France in the 20th century. He was one of the numerous Hungarian artists who flourished in Paris beginning between the World Wars. In the early 21st century, the discovery of more than 200 letters and hundreds of drawings and other items from the period 1940–1984 has provided scholars with material for understanding his later life and career.
In 1948, Brassaï married Gilberte Boyer, a French woman. She worked with him in supporting his photography. In 1949, he became a naturalized French citizen after years of being stateless.
He died on 8 July 1984 at age 84 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France.
- associate relationship with Toulouse-Lautrec, Henri (born 24 November 1864). Notes: He influenced Brassai
- friend relationship with Dali, Salvador (born 11 May 1904). Notes: Brassai photographed him
- friend relationship with Giacometti, Alberto (born 10 October 1901). Notes: Brassai photographed him
- friend relationship with Grenier, Roger (born 19 September 1919)
- friend relationship with Matisse, Henri (born 31 December 1869). Notes: Brassai photographed him
- friend relationship with Miller, Henry (born 26 December 1891)
- friend relationship with Picasso, Pablo (born 25 October 1881). Notes: Brassai photographed him
- friend relationship with Prévert, Jacques (born 4 February 1900)
- Relationship : Marriage 1948 (Gilberte Boyer)
- Social : Acquired Citizenship 1949 (France)
Sy Scholfield quotes Marja Warehime, "Brassai: Images of Culture and the Surrealist Observer" (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1996), p. 140: "Brassai's own experience provided him with events that had a certain formal consistency: 'I was born in Transylvania on the ninth of September 1899 at 9:00 in the evening,' he wrote in 'Memories of my Childhood.'"
(mik)Day of death:TAE-4 gives 11 july 1984 (not 8.7.)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist
- Vocation : Art : Photography