|Birthname||John Elliot Bradshaw|
|born on||29 June 1933 at 03:05 (= 03:05 AM )|
|Place||Houston, Texas, 29n46, 95w22|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°09' 18°32 Asc. 02°24'|
American therapist, philosopher and author on methods of healing the inner child and dealing with addictions. He was ten when his alcoholic dad left; Bradshaw was raised by his mom and step-dad, both unresolved incest victims. By the time he graduated from high school, he was valedictorian and a raging alcoholic. Filled with anger, he had been drinking from the time he was 13.
Bradshaw sought stability in the Catholic priesthood. He became a novitiate in 1955 and remained that way until he left in 1964. He joined AA, but turned from booze to drugs and was at a life low point when he surrendered in mid-December, 1965. He soon after began to work actively with AA, lecture, do management consulting and teach school.
Bradshaw became the host of a talk show that led to fame with the PBS series, "Bradshaw on the Family." He was married from 1969-1989; he and his wife had one child, plus two of hers from a prior marriage. By 1995, he had five best-seller books and had been a lecturer for 30 years on the family. According to Bradshaw, 95% of all families are dysfunctional. Some therapists consider that he puts too much emphasis on childhood woes and too little on adult responsibility, adding to the victim-cult.
- Mental Health : Begin Addiction 1947 (Drinking by 13)
- Social : Joined group 1955 (Catholic priesthood)
- Social : Left group 1964 (Catholic priesthood)
- Relationship : Marriage 1969 (One kid)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate .
Same data from Curtis Lee Mickunas who quotes Bradshaw's book, "Homecoming," from the chapter, "Story of a Wounded Elf." Donna Cunningham confirms the date and place from his sister.
- Traits : Personality : Personality vulnerable (Sensitive; wounded)
- Traits : Personality : Temper (Deep anger)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Alcohol and incest)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two step kids)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Lifestyle : Work : Self-employed (Management consulting: therapist)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : 12 step group (AA program)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Rejection/ Leave church (Left R.C. priesthood)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Talk show host)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (PBS series on The Family)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Counselor/ Therapist (Addiction manager)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Catholic cleric nine years)
- Vocation : Writers : How To .... (Five self-help books)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Well known in New Age field)