Boulding, Kenneth E.
|Birthname||Kenneth Ewart Boulding|
|born on||18 January 1910 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Liverpool, England, 53n25, 2w55|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°30' 27°52 Asc. 23°03'|
English-born American economist, educator, peace activist, and interdisciplinary philosopher. He published over 36 books and over 112 articles. Boulding was the author of two citation classics: The Image: Knowledge in Life and Society (1956) and Conflict and Defense: A General Theory (1962). He was co-founder of general systems theory and founder of numerous ongoing intellectual projects in economics and social science.
Boulding was nominated for the Nobel Prize at different times for both peace and economics.
He was married to sociologist Elise M. Boulding. They were active members of the Religious Society of Friends, or Quakers. They had five children. Kenneth Boulding died on 18 March 1993 at age 83 in Boulder, Colorado.
Sy Scholfield quotes from Kenneth Boulding: A Voice Crying in the Wilderness by R. Scott (Springer, 2014), page 13: "The following day, January 18, 1910, her son was born at 11 a.m."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Philosopher/ Humanist
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Quaker)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Philosopher
- Vocation : Military : Pacifist/ Objector (Peace activist)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Peace)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (General systems theory)