|Birthname||Rosalie Van Been|
|born on||21 December 1910 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Ixelles, Belgium, 50n50, 4e22|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°20' 00°20 Asc. 23°30'|
Belgian-French circus performer and centenarian, known as the matriarch of the Bouglione circus family. She is considered the Big Top’s most eccentric, and oldest, character.
The daughter of lion-tamer parents, French-Dutch Jules Van Been and an Italian mother, she was born in a caravan. She had four siblings, three brothers and a sister.
Bouglione began performing as a child and was known for her serpent dance, in which she danced with her father in a cage full of lions.
She wed Joseph Bouglione on 4 January 1928 while in her teens, opting to marry him in a lion cage instead of a church. They had 7 children: 3 sons and 4 daughters (and 55 descendants!).
In 2011 she published Un mariage dans la cage aux lions : la grande saga du cirque Bouglione (A wedding in the lions' cage: the great saga of the Bouglione circus).
In October 2014, the 103-year-old Bouglione was reported as remaining active, and had 53 grandchildren and great grandchildren. Bouglione died at the age of 107 on 26 August 2018 in Paris.
- friend relationship with Baker, Josephine (born 3 June 1906)
- spouse relationship with Bouglione, Joseph (born 17 February 1904)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2011 (Autobiography, "Un mariage dans la cage aux lions")
André Dekoster quoted bc requested by de Jabrun.
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Three brothers, one sister)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian, age 107)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Circus)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Circus/ Animal acts (Performer)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Un mariage dans la cage aux lions")
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Matriarch of the Bouglione circus family)