|Birthname||Liam James Botham|
|born on||26 August 1977 at 03:50 (= 03:50 AM )|
|Place||Doncaster, England, 53n32, 1w07|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||02°46' 27°07 Asc. 09°12'|
English rugby player who played rugby union and later rugby league. He is the son of English Test cricketer Ian Botham.
Botham initially followed in his father's footsteps, playing county cricket for Hampshire. He took the wicket of former England captain Mike Gatting on his County Championship debut. However, he left the sport in 1997 after just one season to play rugby union for West Hartlepool. He made his début for the England under-21 team the same year, before successive moves to Cardiff and Newcastle Falcons.
Botham was first called up to the senior England squad by Clive Woodward for the 2000 England rugby union tour of South Africa. However he was ultimately never capped at this level.
While at Newcastle the club won the 2001 Tetley Bitter Cup (in the final of which he was a replacement) and reached the final of the European Shield. In 2003, he switched sports again, signing for Super League club Leeds Rhinos. Although playing well for the Rhinos, the 2004 Superleague Champions, Botham signed for struggling Wigan towards the end of the season, feeling he could not get a regular place in the Rhinos team.
In 2005, he announced his retirement aged 27 after a neck injury. Towards the end of the 2006 season, there were signs that he might return to playing competitive cricket: he played a significant role in an England XI victory against Lancashire in a testimonial match for Andrew Flintoff at Old Trafford. In 2006, Botham set up a company which offered executive sporting trips to South Africa, Australia and other destinations.
Botham married Sarah-Jayne, with whom he has three children. They later divorced and he married again on 27 July 2013 on the Caribbean island of Mustique to socialite Lisa Harrison. She gave birth to their son Benji on 23 July 2015 in Belfast.
- child->parent relationship with Botham, Ian (born 24 November 1955)
- has other family relationship with Richards, Viv (born 7 March 1952). Notes: Richards is Botham's godfather
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 9 January 2001 (Birth of daughter, Imani)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 23 July 2015 in Belfast (Birth of son, Benji)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes his father in Head On - Ian Botham: The Autobiography by Ian Botham (Ebury, 2007), p. 96: "I was still there when Liam was finally born at 3.50 on 26 August..." Year, full name and place from England and Wales Birth Registration Index.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.83 m / 6 ft 0 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (95 kg/ 15 st)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Sports : Rugby (Union and league)
- Vocation : Sports : Other Sports (Cricket)