|Birthname||August Robert Bosch|
|born on||23 September 1861 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Langenau/Württ., Germany, 48n30, 10e07|
|Timezone||LMT m10e07 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°36' 21°07 Asc. 04°05'|
German engineer and industrialist who was responsible for the invention of the spark plug and magneto for automobiles and whose firm produced a wide range of precision machines and electrical equipment in plants throughout the world.
Trained in the United States, where he worked with the inventor Thomas A. Edison and his colleague the German electrical engineer Siegmund Bergmann, Bosch founded the manufacturing company that bears his name in Stuttgart in 1886. In 1902 his coworker G. Honold invented the Bosch spark plug, which greatly aided the development of the automobile. Bosch himself developed the Bosch magneto, a device used to generate current for the ignition in internal-combustion engines, and he worked on automobile lamps, horns, and oil-pump devices. Bosch’s social views were advanced for his time. He introduced an eight-hour day in 1906 and advocated industrial arbitration and free trade.
He died on 12 March 1942 in Stuttgart, aged 80.
- business associate/partner relationship with Edison, Thomas (born 11 February 1847)
- neighbor relationship with Vollmöller, Robert (born 29 October 1849)
- parent->child relationship with Fischer-Bosch, Margarete (born 2 August 1888)
- parent->child relationship with Zundel, Paula (born 25 December 1889)
- has other family relationship with Zundel, Friedrich (born 13 October 1875). Notes: Father-in-law/ son-in-law
- (has as) recipient relationship with Baum, Otto (born 22 January 1900)
Sy Scholfield provided birth entry in baptism book from Württemberg Archives. Birth place of Göttingen is today a village in the town of Langenau, located in the eastern part of the state of Baden-Württemberg, approximately 14 km (9 miles) northeast of Ulm .
Previously this entry had 5 AM in Ulm, quoting Arno Müller, vol 2.
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Industrialist)
- Vocation : Engineer : Electrical
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (inventor)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession