|born on||15 March 1948 at 06:21 (= 06:21 AM )|
|Place||Neptune, New Jersey, 40n13, 74w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°48' 17°20 Asc. 28°36'|
American author, playwright, performance artist, and gender theorist.
Having been designated male at birth and having received sex reassignment surgery in 1986, Bornstein identifies as gender non-conforming, saying "I don't call myself a woman, and I know I'm not a man", and prefers the gender neutral pronouns "ze/hir" in place of "she/her" or "he/him". Bornstein has also written about having anorexia, being a survivor of PTSD and being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Bornstein has chronic lymphocytic leukemia and in September 2012 was diagnosed with lung cancer.
Bornstein and partner Barbara Carrellas live in New York City with three cats, two dogs and a turtle.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released May 2012 (Autobiography, "A Queer and Pleasant Danger: A Memoir")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "My Gender Workbook: How to Become a Real Man, a Real Woman, the Real You, Or Something Else Entirely" by Kate Bornstein (Psychology Press, 1998), p. 121: "I'm a double Pisces with a Taurus Moon. I was born in 1948, the Year of the Rat;" and Bornstein on Twitter: "I'm Pisces with Pisces rising and Taurus moon" . This entry had a speculative time of 6pm until 11 April 2016 when Scholfield updated the time to 6:21 AM having received a reply from Bornstein on Twitter: "6:21 AM in Neptune, New Jersey, USA. xox (double Pisces born in Neptune! hehehe)" .
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Lung cancer)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (Anorexia)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : PTSD
- Passions : Sexuality : Transgender M-to-F (Identifies as gender non-conforming)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Performance artist)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Gender Studies (Gender theorist)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (A Queer and Pleasant Danger: A Memoir)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script