|Birthname||Roger Jules Alphonse Borniche|
|born on||7 June 1919 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Vineuil-Saint-Firmin, France, 49n1201, 2e2935|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||15°58' 11°34 Asc. 07°14'|
French author and detective of the Sûreté nationale (national police). In the fight against organized crime, he claimed to have been involved in 567 arrests. He published twenty-eight books.
He started as a singer, but his fledgling musical career was interrupted by the German invasion of 1940. To make a living, he took a job as a store detective. In 1943, he joined the Sûreté nationale as an Inspector to avoid being shipped to a forced labour detail. Assigned to hunt members of the Resistance, he instead helped partisans escape from occupied France. He deserted in 1944, only days before the D-Day invasion.
Upon the liberation of France in August, he was reinstated to the Sûreté nationale and assigned to enforce France's abortion laws. The next year, he was transferred to a homicide unit.
On 4 September 1947, he was assigned to capture the escaped murderer, Emile Buisson, whom he captured eating lunch at a restaurant on 10 June 1950. Borniche was rewarded with a promotion to Chief inspector and a 30,000 Franc bonus.
He retired in 1956 and formed his own detective agency in Paris. His first set of memoirs, Flic Story, became the basis of a 1975 film featuring Alain Delon as Borniche, portraying Borniche's real-life pursuit of Emile Buisson.
Roger Borniche lived for many years in California before returning to France in 2015. He died on 16 June 2020 at age 101 in Cannes.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Buisson, Émile (born 19 August 1902)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Loutrel, Pierre (born 5 March 1912)
- role played of/by Delon, Alain (born 8 November 1935). Notes: 1975 film "Flic Story"
Didier Geslain archive, 'b' pdf file, p. 261.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian, age 101)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Detective agency)
- Vocation : Law : Private Investigator
- Vocation : Law : Police (Detective in the "Sûreté nationale")
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoirs)