Bocage, Manuel M. Barbosa du
|Birthname||Manuel Maria de Barbosa l’Hédois du Bocage|
|born on||15 September 1765 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Setúbal, Portugal, 38n32, 8w54|
|Timezone||LMT m8w54 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°58' 28°30 Asc. 19°23'|
Portuguese poet, considered one of the great poets of the country. One of six sons born to a lawyer, he had an unhappy childhood. His father was arrested and imprisoned for political reasons when the young boy was six. His mother died when he was 10. He subsequently joined the Navy and was sent to Brazil. In 1789 he evidently deserted. After a stay in prison courtesy of the Inquisition, he turned to writing and editing. His first book of poems was published in 1791. He died of a syphilis-related aneurysm on 21 December 1805, aged 40.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1791 (First book of poems)
Filipe Ferreira quotes birth record as described in the biography "O Perfil Perdido."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : STD/Sexually transmitted
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Imprisonment of father and death of mother)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Writers : Poet