|born on||1 November 1909 at 19:15 (= 7:15 PM )|
|Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 39n57, 75w10|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°57' 04°10 Asc. 21°00'|
American anarchist who participated in the Spanish Civil War. The son of Russian immigrant revolutionaries, he grew up in New Jersey, and married Selma Cohen, also an anarchist. They travelled to Spain during its Civil War to support the antifascist Republicans in 1937. While in Spain, Bluestein met the anarchists Emma Goldman and Augustin Souchy.
After the war, Bluestein and Cohen settled in Croton-on-Hudson, New York, where they raised four children. As a pacifist during World War II, Bluestein became alienated from the antifascist anarchists. He wrote for The Jewish Daily Forward and American Labor Union Journal.
He edited the 1983 memorial volume, Fighters for Anarchism: Mollie Steimer and Senya Fleshin. He translated works on Spanish anarchism, such as Souchy's With the Peasants of Aragón, and edited two publications on Spanish anarchism after the fall of fascist Spain.
In his later years Bluestein was heavily involved in New York's cooperative housing movement and managed ILGWU's Manhattan cooperative houses and the Bronx Amalgamated and Co-op City houses. He died on 3 December 1997 at age 88 in Croton-on-Hudson.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Military : Pacifist/ Objector
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Labor unions
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Anarchist)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Translator